Aggies claim first place in SEC West

No. 8 Texas A&M claimed a 3-0 victory over the Mississippi State Bulldogs (3-12-0, 0-8-0 SEC) Sunday in Starvkville, Miss.
All goals came during the first half. Bianca Brinson scored her sixth goal of the season thanks to an assist from Leigh Edwards in the third minute of play. Shea Groom and Annie Kunz also registered assists.
With a goal in the nineteenth minute, Kelley Monogue scored her 10th goal of the 2014 campaign.
Janae Cousineau sent in a header past Bulldogs goalkeeper Rhylee DeCrane to make the score 3-0 in the 33rd minute. Cousineau has scored in four consecutive matches.
In total, the Aggies had 26 shots, compared to seven from MSU. A&M split time at the goalie position between Renee McDermott and Jordan Day, both of whom recorded a save in the contest.
Allie Bailey had six shots, four on goal, during her 72 minutes of play. Eleven players recorded shots for A&M during the match.
Returning from injury, freshman Mikaela Harvey recorded a shot on goal during her 36 minutes of action.
The victory brings the Aggies to 13-2-1 overall including a 7-1-0 record in SEC play, putting the team in first place in the SEC West.
The Aggies will take on the Arkansas Razorbacks next at 7 p.m. Oct. 24 in Fayetteville, Ark. A&M will face off against conference opponents the following week with two home matchups to conclude the regular season.