Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Remembered in Stone

Photo by Photo by: Alexis Will

The Portals are a representation of each of these individual’s lives and how their loved ones have chosen for them to be remembered. These individuals serve as my inspiration and their portals provide a window into their lives. The lives of people I would have never had the opportunity to meet, yet they have impacted me in such a beautiful way and I will never truly be able to put it into words.
— Rachel Thompson, Social Activities and Events Chair of Traditions Council

Bonfire Memorial was designed as an everlasting symbol to A&M’s greatest tradition, and tragedy. Student leaders reflect on symbolism inherent throughout the memorial.
Photos by: Alexis Will
  • The wide entrance of the History Walk culminating in the narrow passage to the Spirit Ring symbolizes the Aggie Family’s coming together throughout our rich history—especially in times of dire need. When considering the rate of expansion of our university, I feel it is important to further promote the togetherness of the Aggie Family by remembering the 12 Aggies that have gone before us through Bonfire Remembrance Ceremony.

— Kevin Flavin Vice Chair of Traditions Council

Photo by Photo by: Alexis Will
  • The Collapse sometimes seems like distant history, until reaching the Center Pole. When I wander to the center of the ring, I am always brought back to the time of the Bonfire Collapse. It happened right there. The circle we stand in isn’t just a designated location for a memorial; we stand right where the Stack fell only 16 years ago. We stand where we lost 12 members of our family, and right where we have taken the time to come together, year after year, and honor them.

— Josiah Bezet, Muster Committee Chair

Photo by Photo by: Alexis Will
  • The personal engravings are very special because they allow visitors to the Memorial the chance to get a glimpse into the lives of the 12 Aggies we lost. For me, those engravings, different on each portal, serve as a reminder that those students were simply that: students like you and me.
    — Holly Rine, Traditions Council Chair

Photo by Photo by: Alexis Will