Blaire Bachman named Director of Swimming & Diving at Texas A&M

Photo by Photo by Robert O’Brien

The Rec Center Natatorium before the start of the Wednesday Finals Session of the 2023 SEC Swimming & Diving Championships.

Texas A&M announced Blaire Bachman as the new Director of Swimming & Diving on Monday, May 6 after the announcement that the school would merge its men’s and women’s programs.

Bachman has been with Virgina since 2017, starting out as an assistant coach as well as the women’s recruiting coordinator. She helped bring in the No. 1 and No. 2 women’s recruiting class and No. 3 and No. 9 men’s recruiting class during her tenure.

In 2021, she was promoted to associate head coach and helped lead the Cavaliers to their first women’s NCAA Championships in that season. Ever since, Bachman has guided the women’s team to nothing but success, headlined by an ACC Championship title, as well as coaching elite swimmers such as Paige Madden, who collected three ACC individual titles and ACC Female Athlete of the Year.

Looking to next season, the Aggies will look to build off of a strong year and, under Bachman’s leadership, will aim to be one of the top programs in the country.