Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Thursday, May 16, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
No. 5 Aggies outlast No. 3 Razorbacks in 11-inning pitchers duel

If you’re a fan of high-scoring baseball, Thursday’s matchup between No. 5 Texas A&M and No. 3 Arkansas probably wasn’t for you. But...

Aggies Lead ULM 21-10 at Halftime

An outstanding 39-yard touchdown pass from Kyle Allen to Speedy Noil has Texas A&M (5-3, 2-3 SEC) heading into the half with a 21-10 lead over the University of Lousiana at Monroe Warhawks.
With just over one minute remaining, Allen heaved a fourth-and-inches pass which bounced off the hands of a ULM defender and into the grasp of Noil to help further swing momentum headed into the half.
Shortly before kickoff, Texas A&M announced the suspension of sophomore quarterback Kenny Hill due to a violation of team rules and athletic department policies.
Allen led the Aggies down the field for a 13 play 75-yard drive which ended in a 1-yard rush for a touchdown by runningback Brandon Williams. Allen went 3 for 6 on the drive as well as a 13-yard rush in a third and long situation which kept the drive alive for A&M.
On the opening possession for ULM, Myles Garrett broke through the offensive line to record a second-and-5 sack on Warhawk quarterback Pete Thomas. The sack was good for 8.5 on the year for Garrett, good for an SEC record for sacks by a freshman, previously held by South Carolina’s Jadaveon Clowney (8).
ULM (3-4, 2-2 SBC) tied the contest with an 8 play 90-yard drive capped off by a 1-yard rush for a touchdown by ULM runningback Centarius Donald.
Armani Watts made his presence known early in the second quarter, intercepting Thomas to give the Maroon and White possession starting at their own 35-yard line. The drive stalled after a sack coupled with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which knocked the Aggies out of field goal position.
Senior Deshazor Everett left the field midway through the second quarter with an apparent injury to his right arm. His status to return in the second half is currently unknown. OL Germain Ifedi went down as well for the Aggies and was carted to the locker room with a knee/leg injury.
Noil returned a Justin Manton punt 39 yards to set up the Aggies on the ULM 12-yard line to start the drive. In just three plays, the Aggies improved the score to 14-7 with aid from a 5-yard rushing touchdown from RB Tra Carson.
At the half, Allen is 11 for 22 for 100 yards passing, including a touchdown and an interception. Noil leads all receivers with four catches for 65 yards. Seven receivers have caught passes on the day. Brandon Williams has 49 rushing yards and a touchdown on 13 attempts.
The Aggies are hoping to snap a current three game losing streak. A&M has not lost four straight games since the end of the 2005 season. A victory today will make A&M bowl-eligible for the sixth consecutive season.
The second half begins shortly. Follow the game @battsports on Twitter for live updates.